I'm Blaise Malaba, classically trained singing teacher based in London with over 6 years of teaching students of different levels.
The tones of the human voice possess a power and charm far superior to those of any musical instrument. The object of vocal study is to make the voice irreproachable in its intonation, firm, strong, flexible, extended, and to correct its faults. The theoretical and practical vocal method that I offer starts with elementary exercises, and contains a series of basic and progressive vocalizations necessary for the formation of the vocal mechanism. A rational and progressive course of vocal gymnastics will develop a great elasticity as well as great power contractions in the muscles of the vocal organ, without causing fatigue. Singing in many ways is a form of physical, mental, spiritual, and communicative activity, requiring consummate coordination among all its parts. That`s why I encourage students to cultivate a habit of analysing and mentally preparing the exercises before singing them.
Singing is an art, and one the most difficult of the arts to master, and any one who attempts to learn it must be prepared to be devoted, work regularly and be patient with himself because the learning process requires time. There`s no difference in the level of devotion to practice between a professional and amateur singer considering that they both must aim for quality and healthy singing. The character of the voice is not determined by range of notes, but by quality and timbre of tone. The voice must be described and used with reference to its quality, or volume and timbre, and not with reference to the number of notes which you can sing. A good method of singing must always be in harmony with nature and the laws of health. There is a special individuality in every voice, as in every face, and therefore every voice must be treated, on its own merits. Unless voice pathologies or ingrained habits of abuse are present, the singer already uses the voices with a freedom during speech that is transferable to the singing voice. A healthy speaking voice is parent to the free singing voice. I believe that healthy vocalism is appropriate to every singing style. My job as a singing teacher is to guide the singer in the process of learning their instrument, building a solid vocal technique, finding their own voice and maintaining the voice in good shape.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Improvement of your technical skills by understanding the vocal mechanism.
- Understanding of the voice registers.
- Learn about breath control and support of the voice.
- Preparation for emitting the voice (posture).
- The attack of vocal sounds (articulation).
- Exercises that will progressively bring flexibility, expand your vocal range and power.
- Study of agility.
- Improve your musicality (phrasing, rhythm, dynamics and style).
- Learn more about good vocalization / warming up (perfect intonation, equality of the note-value, equality of strength, legato, harmony of the timbre).
- To fix faults in voice production (nasal sounds, tremolo, slurring...)
- How to deal with vocal fatigue.
- Clearness of pronunciation and correctness of emphasis.
- Communication through singing (interpretation).
I teach privately in the studio, from my flat, online or I can travel to you in some case. Singers of any level are welcome.
NOW! LET'S EXPLORE YOUR VOICE AND BUILD UP YOUR CONFIDENCE Looking forward to hearing from you – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions.